Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Welcome, Part II

My initial welcome post was a bit truncated earlier today, so I'll try again:

This blog, maybe more than most, is a work in progress, both mentally and logistically (especially mentally). Posts will cover all kinds of topics, but will focus on culture, religion, philosophy, politics, and sports, in no particular order.

I'm sure my views will become clear fairly quickly, but a bit about me is appropriate. I'm a Christian, first a foremost, before I'm a husband, a father (though all those seem integrated to me), an American, a conservative, or a baseball fan, though the latter five accurately describe me as well. My conservatism is more social than economic, though I'm not quite sure where those categories end and begin, really. My baseball allegiance is to the Padres, pure and simple.

Enough about me, let's talk about stuff. But before we get to that, I want to give a big shout out to my two and a half greatest blogging inspirations:

Hugh Hewitt (I hope one day to rate counting amongst the Hewitt-inspired blogs.)

Evangelical Outpost (always thought-provoking, a man of many talents, sometimes a little nuts.)
Andrew Sullivan (this one's a bit tongue in cheek, for reasons that will become clear shortly.)